The Kunisaki Peninsula, where you can view rich nature and feel the nice autumn breeze.
The Shikoku Mountains, where the range of divine and precipitous mountains rises, and the beautiful coastline of Setouchi.
The concept of our rally is "interacting with people with a smile" along the way
and we connect the areas which have different histories and cultures from Kyushu to Kobe.
This time we will drive on a route of 1,100 km, which is never taken before, over four days.
We will follow various winding roads and the coastline of the Seto Inland Sea alternately
so we are sure that you can experience the real thrill of a classic car rally.
StartMoji 〜 Beppu ～ Oita ～ Dogo ～
Setouchi Shimanami Kaido ～ Tosa ～ GoalKobe
We start our rally at “Mojiko Station”.
The station is the first station building designated as a national important cultural property,
and was restored to its Taisho period look in 2019.
We drive on a beautiful winding road through "Yabakei",
one of the new three scenic spots of Japan,
then head to Beppu Kannawa Onsen where steam is rising from its hot springs.
We leave Beppu Onsen and head to Oita Agricultural Park where challenging consecutive PC competitions will be held.
We travel around the Kunisaki Peninsula surrounded by beautiful mountains and enjoy interacting with children in Kitsuki City,
then take a ferry from Saganoseki in Oita to Cape Sada in Shikoku.
We drive through Sadamisaki Melody Line while viewing the sea stretching out on both sides of the road,
and at the end of the day, relax and refresh at “Dogo Onsen”,
one of the three oldest hot spring resorts in Japan.
We leave Dogo Onsen for Shimanami Kaido.
We visit "Oyamazumi Shrine" known as the guardian deity of Japan in Omishima,
then go back to Imabari City via Shimanami Kaido to take a break at the Towel Museum.
Afterwards, we go directly to Tosa Kochi,
taking a mountain-crossing route where you can experience the deep Shikoku Mountains and the magnificent great outdoors.
Enjoy "straw-seared bonito" at the hotel.
After greeting the statue of Ryoma Sakamoto at Katsurahama Beach,
we drive through a route among mountains in the "Oboke"
and "Koboke" gorges carved out by the torrent of the Yoshino River running through the Shikoku Mountains.
We cross a low-water bridge, and have a relaxing time at "Udatsu no Machinami" in Mima City, Tokushima,
then compete the final PC competition at "Hotel Anaga" on Awaji Island
and head to the finish line in Kobe via the Akashi Ohashi Bridge.
Main areas where the event is staged
- A port town which has a retro and modern mixed atmosphere.
It's like a scene from the old days from the Meiji to the Showa period.
- The city of hot springs known nationwide for Beppu Onsen.
This tourist city is visited by more than eight million people every year and also designated as an international tourist hot spring cultural city.
- Oita ～ Dogo
- Kokudo Kyushi Ferry runs from Kyushu to Shikoku.
Dogo Onsen, depicted in the novel "Botchan", is considered Japan's oldest hot-spring resort.
- Setouchi Shimanami Kaido
- A bridge route of approximately 60-km long that connects Honshu and Shikoku.
You can enjoy the view of the many beautiful islands in the Seto Inland Sea and the majestic bridges connecting the islands.
- Tosa is dotted with scenic spots with a view of the Pacific Ocean including Katsurahama Beach.
Also well known as the place related to Ryoma Sakamoto and you can feel the history of the end of the Edo period.
- A port town famous for retro Kobe Kitano Ijinkan and Nankinmachi, and its exotic atmosphere attracts people.
One of Japan's most popular tourist destinations known as a beautiful night-view spot.
- Mojiko Station（Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture）12:00 Start
- Nissan Motor Kyushu＊（Kanda Town, Fukuoka Prefecture）12:50 ～ 13:30
- Usa City Office Innai Branch（Usa City, Oita Prefecture）15:25 ～ 16:05
- Ideyu-zaka（Beppu City, Oita Prefecture）16:35 ～ 17:05
- Beppu Sanso Kannawaen（Beppu City, Oita Prefecture）16:45 Goal
- 12:50 ～ 13:30
- 15:25 ～ 16:05
- 16:35 ～ 17:05
- Beppu Sanso Kannawaen（Beppu City, Oita Prefecture）07:00 Start
- Oita Agricultural Park（Kitsuki City, Oita Prefecture）07:35 ～ 08:40
- Yamaga Elementary School＊（Kitsuki City, Oita Prefecture）08:45 ～ 09:35
- Saganoseki Ferry Terminal（Oita City, Oita Prefecture）11:00 ～ 11:20
- Cape Sada Misaki Port（Ikata Town, Ehime Prefecture）13:10 ～ 13:20
- Sadamisaki Hana Hana（Ikata Town, Ehime Prefecture）13:30 ～ 14:40
- Ikata Town Ground（Ikata Town, Ehime Prefecture）14:50 ～ 15:10
- Emifull MASAKI（Masaki Town, Ehime Prefecture）16:00 ～ 16:40
- Dogo Kowakuen Haruka（Matsuyama City, Ehime Prefecture）16:55 Goal
- 07:35 ～ 08:40
- 08:45 ～ 09:35
- 11:00 ～ 11:20
- 13:10 ～ 13:20
- 13:30 ～ 14:40
- 14:50 ～ 15:10
- 16:00 ～ 16:40
- Dogo Kowakuen Haruka（Matsuyama City, Ehime Prefecture）07:30 Start
- Setoda Sunset Beach（Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture）08:50 ～ 09:10
- Michi-no-Eki Tatara Shimanami Park（Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture）09:10 ～ 09:30
- Oyamazumi Shrine（Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture）09:25 ～ 10:35
- Michi-no-Eki Tatara Shimanami Park（Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture）10:25 ～ 10:45
- Imabari Castle（Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture）11:00 ～ 11:40
- Towel Museum（Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture）11:55 ～ 13:10
- Michi-no-Eki Konoka（Ino Town, Kochi Prefecture）14:05 ～ 14:40
- Nagoya Chinkabashi（Ino Town and Hidaka Village, Kochi Prefecture）15:10 ～ 15:30
- Kochi Athletic Recreation Park（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）15:35 ～ 16:25
- Kochi Keirin Velodrome（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）16:05 Goal
- 08:50 ～ 09:10
- 09:10 ～ 09:30
- 09:25 ～ 10:35
- 10:25 ～ 10:45
- 11:00 ～ 11:40
- 11:55 ～ 13:10
- 14:05 ～ 14:40
- 15:10 ～ 15:30
- 15:35 ～ 16:25
- Kochi Keirin Velodrome（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）07:00 Start
- Kochi Racecourse（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）07:15 ～ 07:35
- Katsurahama Beach（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）07:40 ～ 08:20
- Kochi Athletic Recreation Park（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）08:20 ～ 09:00
- Kochi City office（Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture）08:45 ～ 09:25
- River Station West-West（Miyoshi City, Tokushima Prefecture）09:55 ～ 10:35
- Wakimachi Udatsu-no-Machinami（Mima City, Tokushima Prefecture）11:15 ～ 12:25
- HOTEL ANAGA（Minami Awaji City, Hyogo Prefecture）13:05 ～ 14:10
- Kobe Harborland（Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture）16:30 Goal
- 07:15 ～ 07:35
- 07:40 ～ 08:20
- 08:20 ～ 09:00
- 08:45 ～ 09:25
- 09:55 ～ 10:35
- 11:15 ～ 12:25
- 13:05 ～ 14:10
Time and schedule may be subject to change without notice.
＊Please note that this area is not permitted to enter for general public.
|Event Name||Classic Japan Rally 2021 MOJI - KOBE|
|Event Location||Kitakyushu City / Kanda Town / Beppu City / Kitsuki City / Ikata Town / Matsuyama City / Imabari City / Onomichi City / Kochi City / Mima City / Awaji Island / Kobe City and surrounding areas|
|Event Schedule||Total 4 days - Rally on Thursday, November 25 ～ Sunday, November 28, 2021
*Start at Mojiko Station (Kitakyushu City) on Thursday, November 25 at noon.
*Goal at Kobe Harborland (Kobe City) on Sunday, November 28 at 4:30pm.
|Hosted By||General Incorporated Association Classic Japan Rally|
|Planning & Management||IM:PRES:SION (Impression Co., Ltd.)|
|Sponsors||Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. / Porsche Japan KK / YANASE AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS CO., LTD. / MAC MECHANICS TOOLS Co., Ltd. / Nihon Michelin Tire Co., Ltd. / MOTUL of Japan K.K. / FUKUZO.Inc / Kitamura Co., Ltd. / Y2 CO., LTD. / Premium Car Care Japan K.K. / SATOH GROUP / NINKI INC. / Hayashi Farm / Ozawa Clinic / Shonan Historic Car Club / Safety Life・GO&FUN NAGOYA / Link, INC. / TREMEZZO CO,.LTD. / Vita Co., Ltd. / Team Nino / Walter Wolf Racing Japan / ROUND CONCIERGE / KJ Holdings / Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. / Towel Museum / TODOROKI TOMOHIRO|
|Under the Auspices||Japan Tourism Agency
Fukuoka Prefecture / Oita Prefecture / Ehime Prefecture / Kochi Prefecture / Hyogo Prefecture / Kitakyushu City / Kanda Town / Kitsuki City / Usa City / Beppu City / Matsuyama City / Imabari City / Ikata Town / Kochi City / Mima City / Onomichi City / Kobe City
|Facility Cooperation||KITAKYUSHU NIGIWAIZUKURI-KONWAKAI / Mojiko Station / Former Dalian Sea Route Warehouse / Nissan Motor Kyushu / Beppu Sanso Kannawaen / Oita Agricultural Park / Yamaga Elementary School / KOKUDO KYUSHI FERRY / Sadamisaki Hana Hana / Emifull MASAKI / Dogo Kowakuen Haruka / Setoda Sunset Beach / Oyamazumi Shrine / Michi-no-Eki Tatara Shimanami Park / Imabari Castle / Michi-no-Eki Konoka / Kochi Athletic Recreation Park / Kochi Keirin Velodrome / Jyoseikan / Kochi Racecourse / River Station West-West / Wakimachi Udatsu-no-Machinami / HOTEL ANAGA / Kobe Harborland / Hotel Okura KOBE / JTB Corp. / ACHAFR|
|Media Cooperation||Culture Convenience Club Co.,Ltd. NEKO PUBLISHING Company - Tipo Editorial Department / SHIRO Co., Ltd. - Octane Japanese Edition Editorial Department / Response|
|Photographers||Naoya Murata / Kenji Yamaguchi / PRESIDE|
|Provision Cooperation||NASC / Takaharu Ito Seminar of Wako University|
About “Model Year Coefficient” and “Classified”We are introducing "Model Year Coefficient" for overall results and "Classified" for each class results in Classic Japan Rally 2021 MOJI - KOBE. This is our new attempt.
■Overall Results : "Model Year Coefficient" applied
Your score is calculated by multiplying the points given to time difference of competition sections of time trial competitions (PC) conducted in the classic car rally and the model year coefficient of your vehicle.
《Model Year Coefficient》
Vehicles with the model year of 1945 or earlier … 1.25
Vehicles with the model year of 1946 to 1957 … 1.15
Vehicles with the model year of 1958 or later … 1.0
■Each Class Results : "Classified" applied
We split participants into different classes depending on their ability based on their results of specified competition sections (Classified designated sections) of time trial competitions (PC) conducted in the classic car rally.
Participating vehicles are divided into four classes, and the results of four days are announced for each class (the Model Year Coefficient not applied).
Dividing class enables participants to know their current skill level, so no matter which level they are at, they can enjoy competitions more toward a higher rank in the class.
《Results Calculation Method》
Class is divided into three levels depending on the average difference calculated by subtracting the top three worst time sections of each vehicle from valid competition sections.
Class A … Drivers with an average time difference of Classified valid competitions of 0.00 seconds or more and no more than 0.07 seconds.
Drivers who have finished in the top five overall in the past Classic Japan Rally tournaments. Class A … Drivers with an average time difference of Classified valid competitions of 0.00 seconds or more and no more than 0.07 seconds, and Drivers who have finished in the top five overall in the past Classic Japan Rally tournaments. Class B … Drivers with an average time difference of Classified designated sections of 0.08 seconds or more and no more than 0.15 seconds.
Class C … Drivers with an average time difference of Classified designated sections of 0.16 seconds or more and no more than 0.30 seconds.
Out of Class … Drivers with an average time difference of Classified designated sections of 0.31 seconds or more.
For Preventing Coronavirus SpreadParticipants are kindly requested to follow the rules below.
What Will Happen to the Event
Considering all the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 as of October 25, we have decided to hold Classic Japan Rally 2021 MOJI - KOBE.
To all participants
730,000 yen per vehicle for a crew of two, tax included.
A complete package for a crew of two :
- Accommodation fee (4 nights)
- 1st night : Thu. November 25 at Kannawaen
- 2nd night : Fri. November 26 at Kowakuen HARUKA
- 3rd night : Sat. November 27 at Jyoseikan
- 4th night : Sun. November 28 at Hotel Okura KOBE
- Thu. November 25 - Lunch & dinner
- Fri. November 26 - breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Sat. November 27 - breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Sun. November 28 - breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Mon. November 29 - breakfast
- Award Ceremony and Farewell Party
- Commemorative gifts, etc.
Thursday, November 25 from 8:30 to 10am
Moji Port quay area
Car Inspection & Check In
Thursday, November 25 from 8 to 10am
Moji Port Former Dairen Route Terminal
*For the first time participants, we have prepared the Beginner's Briefing.
Accommodation (4 nights)
1st night : Thursday, November 25 at Kannawaen
2nd night : Friday, November 26 at Kowakuen HARUKA
3rd night : Saturday, November 27 at Jyoseikan
4th night : Sunday, November 28 at Hotel Okura KOBE
Sunday, November 28 at 6:30pm at Hotel Okura KOBE
Dress Code :
Ladies : Nice & casual
Gentlemen : Casual（Jacket required）